Spiced Carrot and Lentils




Lentil soups..yes this is what I cooked for today lunch. My little Abraham recently been cranky due too teething. I was a little worried as he skipped meal for two days. I didn't realized he was teething at first because he doesn't show any pain or biting things. Until on Saturday when he attended his check up, I informed the doctor about him not taking his food at all. When the doctor check his mouth she noticed there were swollen gums behind below and above and told us he having new 5 teethes coming! I'm like OMG! 5 at one! that's surely some pain going on for him! So after check up, I went to buy some fresh Avocado for my little boy and got home before attending my friend's wedding. Made this delicious Avocado smoothies for him. Just to filled his stomach with something..he surely hungry right? poor boy..



Yesterday he just want to eat Thosai. So cute right, of all the food he choose thosai haha...So today I decided to make lentil soups. Its very easy and simple and for sure it yum! I got the recipe from the .bbcgoodfood. Its totally delicious, I omit the salt.


Recipe :

2 tsp cumin seeds
pinch chilli flakes
2 tbsp olive oil
600g carrots, washed and coarsely grated (no need to peel) - I use baby carrot and didn't grate it.
140g split red lentils
1l hot vegetable stock
125ml milk




Method :

Heat a large saucepan and dry-fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for 1 min, or until they start to jump around the pan and release their aromas. Scoop out about half of the seeds with a spoon and set aside. Add the oil, carrot, lentils, stock and milk to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 mins until the lentils have swollen and softened.

Whiz the soup with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth (or leave it chunky if you prefer). Season to taste and finish with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of the reserved toasted spices. Serve with warmed naan breads or warmed white rice.




Comments

Popular Reads