Sometimes the simple food are amazing...



Today has been a windy weather and I was reading some of my recipe books thinking what shall I cook for dinner...thinking about cooking can be really stressful sometimes, usually I have my menu timetable for the month..but lately I've been lazy. I just take out some of the books and cook and today I realized I've to stick to my menu planner..because I'll just throw whatever recipes and disturb my monthly ingredients hehe...

Anyway, I decided to cook something simple, quick and definitely delicious. You know sometimes when you cook simple food once in a while its definitely taste yummy! I made Sambal telur/ Egg chili and Fried Chicken, you can serve it with warm white rice.

Before you fry the chicken make sure to marinate it so you get this delicious juicy in every bite! Yum

chicken

Marinate : 

1 piece Torch ginger / bunga kantan
3 inches ginger
2 cloves of garlic
1 medium size french onion
3 green chilis

Blend all the ingredients together and marinate through the chicken and leave it for at least 1 hour. After that is ready to get cooking..yum.





Another simple recipe Sambal Telur also known as Egg chili gravy


Sambal telur is really easy to prepare would be a great recipe for beginner cook. 


Sambal Telur


4 tbsp red chili paste
1 lemongras
1″ ginger finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
2 tbsp tamarind juice
salt to taste
1 medium onion finely chopped

oil for frying


Method
Peel the hard boiled eggs and deep fry in oil till the cover is crisp & brown.
Cut them into half lengthwise & keep aside. Heat a little oil in a pan.
Fry the chopped ginger & garlic pieces. Add chopped onions & fry well.
Add the red chilli paste & fry for 1 minute.  tamarind juice, salt and let it boil for a while.
Turn off heat. Add the eggs and mix well till they are coated with the sauce completely.












Comments

Popular Reads