Nasi lemak Bunga Telang

Assalamualaikum and hello.I'm actually lazy to even blogged but at same time kesian tengok my page hanging...well if I really have time or mostly rajin I'll do it. Mostly share everything on Instagram which is super easy...

So on my recent project work etc...my friend brought this flower/bunga for me..for me to experiment on my projects that coming up Insha'Allah.. my friend have a tree that never stop growing and she barely don't know what to do with it...So, I decided to make this.



I only take a palm of my hand and boil it to get that colour. You can also soak it but the colour would be very much light. I have done the soak version I wasn't that fond with the colour. I really love this one. Its Just perfect..and I use basmati..



Basic ingredients needed to prepare Nasi Lemak; Lemongrass/Serai, onion, ginger, anise seed, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods,  dried chili, peanuts, anchovies, hard boiled egg, cucumber, basmati, coconut milk/santan

ingredients:

3 cups uncooked rice
1 stalk lemongrass, smashed
pandan leaf, tied 
2 tbsp fenugreek seed
2 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
2 inch ginger, chopped
1 cup of thick coconut milk 
1 cinnamon stick
1 cardamom pods
2-3 cloves
2 anise seed

I would suggest you to mix your thick coconut into the blue pea extract. So your rice won't be watery or squishy. 

Preparing the coconut rice:

Just like cooking normal  rice in rice cooker, rinse your rice and drain. Add the coconut milk+blue pea extract, fenugreek, lemongrass, onion, garlic, ginger a pinch of salt, and some water. Add the pandan leaves into the rice and cook your rice.

Dried anchovies sambal:

1 cup dried chilis (washed, rinse)
5 cloves of garlic
3 medium onions
1 teaspoon of belacan (prawn paste)
1 inch ginger
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoon of sugar
1 cup of dried anchovies (washed, rinsed) 
Tamarind pulp, small size 


Other ingredients:
Fried anchovies
Hard boiled egg
Cucumber
fried chicken

Comments

Popular Reads