Porridge

Classic oats porridge is hard to beat. Rich in protein and a decent source of iron too.  I love a good creamy porridge especially during breakfast. However, you can have oats at anytime. Instead having the sweetish flavor; you can chop some vegetables and chicken cook them together. And yes it is very filling and healthy. I remember when I was small the only thing I love to eat was OATS. 



I will take it for breakfast, lunch and even dinner but eventually as I grew up I get bored with it. Somehow when I was pregnant the feeling of eating oats came back and ever since that moment I love it till today! Oh yum! its just heaven and I feel so healthy :p


If you are feeding your little babies, avoid the honey and sultanas.



Ingredients : 

100 g cook oats
500 ml whole fresh milk 
fruits

Method :

Put the oats in a small pan with the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring often to break up any lumps, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, until the mixture is thick and the oats is tender. Be careful as the thickening porridge can spit while its cooks. 

Cool the porridge a little before serving. You can cool it with a splash of cold milk, or stir in some fruits puree. In fact, any dried fruits is a good accompaniment. A drizzle of honey is good too! 

Can add some fresh apple and sultana its a nice way to sweeten porridge without using refined sugar. 




Comments

Popular Reads