Chinese Herbal Soup

My first trip away from my humble home and my bond (hubby), though I missed him dearly. Never be apart from him since the day we got married. 
My sister just gave birth to a handsome healthy baby boy! So I'm here to take care of my sister for two weeks. I have to make sure she eats right and able to get rest as well. Oh, I needed rest too hehe..I need to also look after myself since my bond is not around with me..

Today I made Chinese Herbal Soup for her, its simple but strong with flavours. I bought these ingredients at the chinese medicine shop.

I add this 'Dang Gui' in the soup to keep her warm and good for blood circulation. It's advice for women to take during confinement or after menses.


that is how dang gui looks like. 

Ingredients :

1/2 cup oyster mushroom
1/2 cup chinese fresh mushroom
1 slice dang gui
2 inches fresh ginger
1/3 cup yellow onion

Mix all these ingredients in a medium sized bowl and add 2 cups of warm water. Let it boil and add salt to taste. 








Comments

Popular Reads