2nd Guest Post : Sharmini from lovedosefoodie

  Lovelies this is my second guest post, her love towards food its beyond word..I know her well enough :) She's an amazing sister, wife and a mother! If you see through her blog you're able to find delicious recipes..quick and easy! no hassle, its easy to prepare right from your humble kitchen. You can find here page her : Lovedosefoodie


   Today she's going to share some amazing infuse thai recipe with us..sit back and enjoy reading!

    Hello food lovers! I’m so excited about this post. Why? One because I will be sharing two yummylicious recipes, also because I have been invited to share my recipes as a guest on this awesome blog SEASONED WITH SHAZZY.

    Before we go to recipe sharing, let me tell you a liiiiiittle bit about myself.  I am Sharmini Abd Karim. I live in a beautiful town, Sg Petani. It’s a growing town located in the state of Kedah, up north in Malaysia. I moved here from Kuala Lumpur to join my husband who has a business here. Life here so very peaceful and the wonderful nature is something I adore so much. The wonderful greenery, the paddy fields, the rivers and beaches bring so much peace.

   My love for cooking can be traced back to my childhood days. Growing up in an environment where good, delicious home cooked food was our everyday thing, I got hooked to cooking and loving good food.

   These days, I’d plan my weekly menu to incorporate different food from a variety of origin. I find planning weekly menu helps a lot. You have a fixed list of ingredients to buy, you save so much time because you know what you will be cooking on a certain day and do not need to spend so much time thinking what ingredients you have and what should you cook with those ingredients. So what I will be sharing with all of you food lovers today are two recipes that were part of my menu plan for this week. I will share with you a meal that has Thai influence.

   Firstly, the Thai Cilantro Chicken. This recipe is simple yet scrumptious. I love how simple it is that it only requires 6 ingredients. I also love it so much that it is amazingly simple and easy and fast to prepare. And to top it up, I looooove cilantro. I then created a pasta dish that I also infused with some Thai flavor to go with the Thai Cilantro Chicken.


THAI CILANTRO CHICKEN


Ingredients:
Two chicken breast
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp Thai fish sauce
½ tbsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic
A handful of chopped cilantro 

Method:
I used large chicken breast, so even with two chicken breast, I manage to slice and serve 4. If you are using large chicken breast, it is best that you slice them to get thinner slices, that way, you’d get your chicken juicier. 

Blend the cilantro, garlic, Thai fish sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Marinade the chicken breast with this mixture and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Once done, prepare your grill or broiler and grill each slice until cooked. As you turn the chicken sides, you can brush the chicken with the remaining marinade if you’d like a stronger flavor. I did this because of my love for cilantro and I wanted to see more of the tiny green bits. It’s always wonderful to have more color in your food right?

There you go, I told you it is so simple. 


   Moving on to my second recipe, I made a Thai infused fettucine dish that was bursting with flavour and colour. I included some Thai Tom Yam paste to give the fettucine a rich Thai flavour . The spicyness of the Tom Yam paste was just the perfest match for the Thai Cilantro Chicken.  The rich flavors of galanggal, lemon grass, lime, chilli in the Tom Yam paste keeps you wanting more. 


THAI INFUSED FETTUCINE



Ingredients:
Half a pack of fettucine, boiled.
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
A quarter of green bell pepper, thinly sliced
A quarter of red bell pepper, thinly sliced
A handful of cilantro, chopped
A handful of button mushroom, sliced
2 tablespoon Thai Tom Yam paste (if you are not into spicy food, you can use 1 tbspn of tom yam paste and 1 tbspn of tomato puree)
½ cup water

Method: 
Heat oil in a wok. Fry the the garlic until golden and aromatic.  Add the Thai Tom Yam paste and water, stir for a little while. Add in the mushroom, bell peppers and cilantro. Add cooked fettucine and stir until the fettucine is completely covered with the sauce. Serve at once while hot. 

There you have two wonderful recipes to try! My family love it so much, they couldn’t wait when I’ll will prepare this again. My husband who is a fan of spicy food couldn’t stop eating. Go ahead and try them! I promise, they’re great.






Super delicious don't you all think so? Yum, I'm lovin' this recipe!! Its definitely in my menu lists! 

Enjoy cooking lovelies. 


Comments

Popular Reads