Onde - Onde

When I small, my mum usually will prepare this for tea time. Since then, I've been hooked. Yesterday was my first time making it and its totally the same like my mum used to make back then.I'm glad that I finally mastered it! My husband love them.
Ondeh - Ondeh is a traditional kuih in Malaysia.small bite sized dessert food. It usually made from sweet potatoes or rice flour and filled with gula melaka (palm sugar). Which gives you the melted gula melaka in the centre that bursts in your mouth when you take a bite. 





Recipe :

2 sweets potatoes, I used the purple one. 
2 tablespoon sugar
Rice flour (enough to form a dough) 
fresh grated coconut
Gula melaka

** If you used the white sweet potatoes, you will need pandan paste & green extract to turn them into green colour or purple **

Method :

1. Boil potatoes and mash.
2. Add the sugar and rice flour until it form a dough.
3. Roll them into bite sized, and make a well in the centre & place palm sugar and roll them into small balls.
4. Boil water in a pot and drop the ball into the boiling water.
5. Once the balls float on the surface, lift them out.
6. Roll balls in coconut.

Yum & its ready to eat! Walla~





Comments

  1. Wow, very catchy balls,love to munch some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priya, this small bite snack r delicious n mouth watering..its might b small but its super delicious

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads