Beef Lasagna

Lasagna is my all time favorite food, when it comes to lasagna I'm very picky and its not easy to get the delicious and yummy one. I easily get disappointed when I buy it outside. Last week, my husband asked me when will i make him lasagna, since its his favorite too. He said he been wanting me to cook this since he meet me. lol...

So, I told him okay. I shall put lasagna in our menu planner this week. We went to buy all the ingredients.
This recipe I got it at the back of the San Remo Instant Lasagna packet.


Recipe :

Ingredients


250g San Remo Instant Lasagna

2 tbsp oil

1 onion, finely chopped

1 carrot, finely chopped

1 clove garlic, crushed

500g beef mince

5 tbsp tomato paste

2 x 400g canned tomatoes

2 cups chicken stock

Salt and pepper to taste

Pinch of nutmeg

2 tbsp butter

2 tbsp plain flour

2 cups milk

125g mozzarella or cheddar cheese



Method



Meat Sauce

Heat oil in a saucepan.
Add onion, carrot, and garlic, cook until soft.
Add beef mince, cook until brown. Stir in tomato paste, canned tomatoes, and chicken stock.
Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Cover and cook gently 20 minutes.
Cheese Sauce

Melt butter in a separate saucepan, stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes over gentle heat.
Remove from the heat, stir in milk.
Return to heat, stir until thick and smooth.
Season with salt, pepper, and add mozzarella or cheddar cheese, stirring over low heat until cheese melts.
Assembly

Preheat oven to 180°C.
Pour ½ cup of the meat sauce into a lightly greased baking dish.
Alternate layers of lasagna, meat, and cheese sauces, ending with cheese sauce layer (allow for 4 layers).
Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, bake in oven for 35-40 minutes. Or until cooked through (test if cooked by pricking with a fork).
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
SERVES 4

Hint : For perfect lasagna, make sure that lasagna sheets are completely covered with the meat sauce. Important to retain a high



Comments

Popular Reads