Oreo Custard Crumb Pie
I make this simple delicious crumb pie for my Iftar today. Wasn't my idea until around 4pm I wanted to eat something sweet and light. This is definitely my very own recipe..why because I just use whatever ingredients I have in the kitchen and somehow this turn out so so yummy! And first time seeing my kids really eat their strawberries!
I've leftover oreo crumbs which I don't have any what to do with it...then this idea came up.
for the topping I used custard powder and a bit of semolina...which I really love how it turn out to be! soft and crumble as same time! lovely!
2 cups oreos crumbs
2 tbsp butter; soften
1 cup of milk
2tbsp of custard powder
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp sugar
5 strawberries, clean and slices.
1. Crust : mix the crumbs and butter together. transfer into pie tray. press it hard and make sure it cover all the pie dish. Bake for 20 mins (180*C)
2. Topping: Pour the milk into the pot and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then gently add the beaten egg inside and whisk it.
3. Add the custard powder slowly and gradually whisk it to avoid lumpy. Once all combined add in the semolina and sugar. Stir it well. Remove from heat.
4. Once the crust is baked, gently pour your topping over the crust and spread it all over and add the slices strawberries on top.
5. Bake it again for another 10 mins to bring out the sweet and sour flavors from the strawberries.
Serve it warm or cold.
Its really easy, I think you can basically use whatever ingredients you have on your counter top. Let your imagination play its part.