Butter Cake






I love this simple butter cake, my previous visit to my cousin's place; she requested a simple butter cake for my next visit to her place and yes of course I fulfill her wishes. I hardly get the chance to meet her often like we used to back then. Anyway, I love meeting her after sometimes. We gotta a lot to catch up over coffee and cake!



So, instead of making one tin cake. I ended up doing 3 sets of butter cakes. One for my cousin, one for my husband's office mate and one for my sister that I'm visiting in the evening.

This cake comes in simple ingredients that we use almost everyday and It makes a beautiful delicious butter cake. I totally enjoyed it with a cup of tea.





250g butter, at room temp
250g caster sugar
4 eggs
2 tbsp milk
300g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract

Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs and milk in a small bowl with a fork. Combine the flour with baking powder.

Add alternate spoonfuls of the egg mixture and flour and beat into the creamed mixture until they have all incorporated and the cake mixture is smooth. Beat the vanilla.

Spoon the cake mixture into your chosen greased and lined tin. Bake in preheat oven, 160*C. Until well golden  and risen and skewer comes out of the center of the cake cleanly.

Leave for 10 mins in the tin, then loosen the edges with a palette knife, turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.

I'm using 9' inch square tin and bake for 50-45 minutes.

Comments

  1. Delicious, soft and spongy,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just the kind of cake I like. Looks delicious! And I love to carry a freshly baked cake when I go visiting too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow are these all for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shazzy, this butercake great to go with coffee. Yours look very well baked. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Have a nice day.
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. buttercake looks great and perfect
    Enter to win giveaway in my blog
    http://foodybuddy.net/2015/06/10/my-first-giveaway-engraved-bamboo-cutting-board.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads