Simple Chocolate Cake
I've been baking this and that cake most of the time. It's been a week or two I told my hubby I wanted to eat a cake, but I don't want any fancy cake until I found this simple chocolate cake recipe in one of my recipe books. Just to fulfill my pregnancy craving ha-ha... On the other hand, I've been making raisin oat cookies stock for myself and customers.
A few months back my hubby got me this 99% dark cocoa. So instead use a plain chocolate, I decided to use my dark cocoa.
Recipe: Simple Chocolate Cake
115g plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
3 tbsp milk
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 3/4 cup self raising flour
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Icing sugar and cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Preheat oven 180*C. Grease a 18 cm
round cake tins and line the base of each with non stick baking paper.
2. Take a small saucepan and heatproof bowl that will fit over it. Place the chocolate and the milk in the bowl. Bring a small saucepan of water to just below simmering point. Place the bowl containing chocolate mixture on top. Leave for 5 minutes, until the chocolate softens, then stir until smooth. Leave the bowl over a saucepan, but remove from the heat.
2. Cream the butter with the sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
3. Sift flour and cocoa over the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Scrape into the prepared tin, smooth level and bake for 35-40 minutes or until well risen and firm. Turn out on the wire rack to cool.
4. Dust with icing sugar and cocoa before serving.