Red Velvet Choc Chip Cookies




I got a thing with RED VELVET treats... it will never end.. I keep on looking for new treats for this red velvet addiction. From cakes to cookies to other sweet treats, you see it will never end. Plus, we at abrahamtreats is specialized in Red Velvet treats.. We do bakes other flavors, but like I mentioned our main product is red velvet..

I decided to share this delicious crunchy amazing red velvet cookie..you can make them into small balls or medium sized cookies it still tastes amazing..I don't usually share our recipe product but one or two should be fine I assume :)

After all, my customers still come back to us for this crunchy bites!

I urge you guys to really give this a try, even you have second thought about it!


The first time I laid my eyes on red velvet when I was 23 on my birthday, my family treats me this delicious red velvet cake.. and it forever stuck with me till today...

I love the red color, it's just amusing.. Its attract me.. After all, I love anything that is red haa...




Ingredients:

1/2 Cup - Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
1 Cup - Sugar
1 Teaspoon - Distilled White Vinegar
1 - Large Egg
1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Teaspoons - Red Food Coloring
1 1/2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
2 1/2 Tablespoons - Cocoa
1 Teaspoon - Cornstarch
3/4 Teaspoon - Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon - Salt
3/4 Cup, Plus More for Garnish -  Chocolate Chips


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a stand up mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until pale and fluffy.

Add vinegar and mix just until combined. Add the egg just until combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Add vanilla and red food coloring and combine.


To the butter mixture, add half the flour,  cocoa, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the mixing bowl. I took the paddle off to really dig down to the bottom. Add the rest of the flour and mix until everything is incorporated. Mix in the Chocolate Chips.

Line cookie sheets with parchment

Roll dough into sized balls and place on prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart. I did not flatten them.

Bake for 9-11 minutes. While the cookies are just out of the oven, gently push  a few white chocolate chips into hot tops of cookies in a random pattern to garnish. Tip down is easiest.

You can click on the link below for more Red Velvet Treats:







Comments

  1. These are such a lovely cookies... First time onto your blog and happy to follow you via GFC...You have an amazing collection of recipes and would love to try few. Do hop into my blog if your find time...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ree, thanks for stopping by. Thanks a lot. I hope you would love them as much as I do :-) will definitely visit your space!

      Delete
  2. What an awesome RED RED RED Velvet Choc Chip Cookies. They look beautiful and sedaplicious!!! Shazzy, may I suggest that instead of using food colouring, why not try using beetroot for that red velvet colour? I think it would be a healthier choice. Sorry, just my preference if I would be using coloring for my food. Cheers and regards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ivy! Thanks for the feedback. I've tried on the beetroit before it didnt turn out as the original red velvet colour. And yes I've to agreed on you its healthier choice but once a while u think shud be fine :-). Anyway thank you! Plus its memang sedaplicious haha..

      Delete
  3. yummy cookies..the color looks great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads