Keralan Curry

It's has been a busy days, weeks for me.. When I get orders, I don't actually get time to update my blog because I just wanted to sit and relax.. spending my time with my little Abraham.. Make up my time with him..



Starting tomorrow everything will be back to my usual weekdays, as my other half is back to work after a very long holiday with us. I like having him at home most of the time, we cooked together and even baked together. I'll miss that moment...



Today, I sit down and planned my monthly menu again. Since my other half back to work, I needed to arrange my time properly. 


I cooked this delicious Keralan Vegetarian Curry. I got this recipe from Jamie Oliver 15 minute meal. Exactly 15 minutes, I've prepared rice, Keralan curry, minty yogurt and papadom.




Keralan Curry 


½ cauliflower
2 tablespoons  oil
1 heaped teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 heaped teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
1 small handful dried curry leaves
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
2 cloves of garlic
6 spring onions
1 fresh red chili
1 large bunch fresh coriander
2 ripe tomatoes
1 x 400 g tin of light coconut milk
1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas
1 x 227 g tin of pineapple chunks in juice
1 lemon

Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower, then slice it 1cm thick and put it on the griddle pan, turning when lightly charred • Put 1 mug of rice and 2 mugs of boiling water into the medium pan with the cloves, lemon half and a pinch of salt, and put the lid on • Pour the oil in the casserole pan, then quickly stir in the mustard and fenugreek seeds, turmeric and curry leaves

Pulse the peeled ginger and garlic, trimmed spring onions, chili and coriander stalks in the processor until fine, then stir into the casserole pan • Roughly chop and add the tomatoes • Pour in the coconut milk, add the drained chickpeas, then tip in the pineapple chunks and their juices • Add the griddled cauliflower, cover, turn the heat up to high and bring to the boil



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads