Cold Tauhu with fresh ginger

One of my husband favourite dish is this cold tauhu/tofu.. I've run out of ideas what to cook and I'm not in the mood of eating chicken at all. Been cooking chicken for events and at home..I needed a change. So i got some tofu, tempe.. still making sure we getting enough protein. 😃

To be honest we all at home have change our diet since my husband on a certain diet for almost 6 months already.  We no longer taking carbo at night especially. Avoid skipping breakfast and a good healthy proper meal for lunch bla bla.. but eating chicken everyday? I can't! I need a break from it 😁
I told my partner maybe we can try be vegan once a while haha...just change of diet its good sometimes for our body. 



Plus Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all the nine essential amino acids. It also an excellent source of iron and calcium for us. 


I remembered that my late Umi used to make this for us.  It just a plain curd with fresh ginger some added dried prawn, dressed with black soy and I added a little sesame oil ( i love the smells of it) 


Recipe 

Silken bean curd    1 cake
Fresh ginger           1 thumb size knob, peeled
Dark soy sauce       1 tbsp 
Sesame Oil             1 tbsp 

Garnish
Coriander
Chili ( i skip)



Instruction 

  •  Remove bean curd carefully from the pack so it wont break. Place on a plate with kitchen towels in the fridge to drain.
  • In the meantime, wash the ginger under a tap, pat dry and process in a blender. 
  • Place drained bean curd on a plate, top with fresh ginger. Drizzle dark soy sauce and sesame oil over and serve at once, garnished, if you like with coriander.

**This meal can also be serve as appetizer. 






Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads