Chapatis with Chole

It's been a busy week and I've been eating non stop; I needed to avoid rice for temporary until the baby is finally born...so I decided to take control before I exceeded the proper weight given by the doctor.

Anyhow, chapatis wasn't in my mind until my sister requested with chickpeas. So, I thought why not I have the same meal as well. It's simple, quick and filling too. 

Frome time to time I try to make my chapatis like my mother in law's version; which is soft, moist and fluffy at the same time. Finally, I think today I've reached that level probably.





I never actually enjoyed chapatis before until I got married. My mother in law made the best of the best I've ever eaten. Chapatis are simple bread you can prepare at home and don't actually take much of your time preparing it. Keeping it moist is the most important thing. It's nice to eat when it's not too dry.



Chapatis 

2 cups All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Salt 
1 cup Water 
3 tbsp ghee

Method:

1. Combine flour, oil and salt in a medium bowl
2. Slowly add the water and knead it to make a smooth dough. Let the dough rest for few minutes.
3. Divide dough into 10 balls. Roll each ball using rolling pin. 
4. Heat non stick pan and cook your the chapatis through over medium heat for 1 minutes on both side
4) Heat a non-stick skillet and cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.


Comments

  1. Roti truly nice But still have a long way to go. Got to start with rolling into such beautiful round pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads