Chicken Briyani





My family loves briyani...I love briyani..something that I'll prepare every time I have guest coming over.
But I havent been making it for two months maybe..the mood of cooking actually disappear for awhile since mum passed away...I just needed some time to adjust with the situation.😟

So, today I decided to share this recipe...the thing is I've so many recipes of briyani that I like to experiments and this is one of the best briyani. When I was reading this I was like why is this recipe so complicated hehe...despite the few methods to follow the briyani turn out great... Alhamdulillah, If not I would have cried. lol

The thing is there's so many version of Hyderabad briyani. If you happen to know another recipe do share with me. 💖


Ingredients needed

  • Chicken 1 whole cut 18
  • Basmati
  • salt
  • yogurt
  • lemon juice
  • garlic & ginger paste
  • fried onions
  • mint leaves
  • coriander leaves 


Preparing the Spice

You'll need:


  • Bay leaves 4
  • Cardamom pod 2
  • Cinnamon 1
  • Anise Seed 1
  • Cloves 2
  • Peppercorn 10
  • 1/2 tsp Caraway seed
  • salt
  • 3cups of water 
  1. Add all the above ingredients into the pot and let it boil until it brings out the flavors. 
  2. Soak basmati about 20 minutes (set aside) 
Marinate the meat;

Add yogurt, salt, turmeric, chili powder, ginger & garlic paste, coriander powder and lemon juice. Mix all in the bowl together. Add in your meat and marinate it. Set aside for 2 hours or overnights for better result. 

Add the soaked rice into the boiling spice water and let it cook.

While waiting for the rice to cook, transfer the marinated chicken into the pan or magic pan. Add the oil let it cook both side. Add mint leaves, coriander leaves and mix it well with the chicken. Sprinkle briyani powder. 

Once the rice is cook, layer the rice with the chicken. repeat the steps followed by mint leaves, corainder and fried onions.

Garnish your rice with raisin and tomatoes. 




















Comments

  1. My fav also temptation. Love chicken briyani any time, of course your version is triggering my hunger now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads