Roti Jala




I have to admit that I do love roti jala; to some may know that roti jala is part from my menu for my catering.

Roti jala usually in my family serve during raya celebration on the first day. Its more like a tradition that my mum does every year.  My mum taught me to make roti jala. Its actually easy once you're use to the flow you can make them like half and hour for 50 pieces. 


For me, I practice a lot making roti jala. There is one month I've to make it everyday because I just started selling it and getting really amazing feedback on it from there my jala getting neat and easier. 


The ingredients are easy to get just 4 basic ingredients needed;



Roti Jala Recipe: 

1 kg flour
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups of water 
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp of vegetable oil


Instruction

Add all the ingredients into the blender. So you're able to get the smooth texture like making pancakes. If your batter lumpy just add a bit of water. Make sure its not so runny. Bevause it will be hard to do the net later. 

1. Heat up the flat pan with medium heat.
2. Pour some batter into the mold and transfer the mold to the pan.
3. As the batter flows through the holes make a lacy round around the pan to form net pattern
4. Cook for 2 minutes only bottom part., transfer the roti jala out and fold side by side and roll it. 
5. Serve with warm chicken curry. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to leave your humble comments. xoxo

Popular Reads